Monday, April 20, 2015

8) Field Trip 2: Vienna and Venice

My second field trip started on Monday, April 6th. The first stop in Vienna which is the capital in Austria.We spent 2 nights in Vienna.The weather wasn't that good when we were there, it is still kind of cold, but I had good time there. We walked around after checked in the hostel. We met two guys,they were dressed up on the street,and we got the opera tickets from that two guys. I was so excited to watched Opera in Vienna. However, when I got there, I was so disappointed by everything. That was only 10 people doing the performing. Anyway, lesson learned, never believing the people trying to sell the tickets on the street. you should actually doing some study before you travel. The good thing is I went to the real Vienna State Opera House eventually. If you travel to Vienna, I am highly recommend you to experience the real Opera in Vienna. You can get the schedule online, and get tickets in the Vienna State Opera House. I got the cheapest ticket. No site. But there was a little screen on the hand rail, which help to understand the lyric. There is one thing really surprised me , which is the shop all closed around 19:00-19:30. It is hard to believe the business all closed so early. We were trying to got some late supper to eat,however, everything was closed.
I also tried the famous Cafe shop in Vienna. I heard the story about Vienna cafe. After the War, Turkey left some coffee in Vienna, nobody knows what is it, but a business man. He got all the coffee. At first people not used to drink it. Then, he mixed coffee with sugar and honey. People star to like it.The coffee shop star to become popular in Vienna, most people went to coffee shop to talk about political,music,and academic. There is a famous word: If I am not home, then, I am in the cafe shop. If I am not in the Cafe shop, I am on the way to cafe shop." The classic combination is coffee and croissant. Most people think the Croissant original from France. Actually, Croissant from Austria. After two day in Vienna, we went to Venice.
Venice such a beautiful, romantic city no mater at day time or at night.Venice is quite different city than Vienna.I fell Venice is more relaxing. People seems really enjoin they life, you can always see the small on their face. About the food, you have to try the To go Pasta. That is my favorite Pasta so far. To go past is cheap and delicious. I had four cheese Pasta.White source, rich cheese. yum~ I love it a lot.  



 We were walk around in Venice at night. That was really fun.   

Burano, lovely city! Burano, it have to be on your to go list! Burano is not a big city, but all there colorful building are worth to visit. You can pay 20 to get a day ferry ticket. You can use the ticket to travel in different island. you have to found out which line you need to take in different island. Otherwise,you may go back to where you were at if you take the wrong line.    


   This is a good start for my really spring break. There is one thing I learned from this trip, You should study the city before you travel to there, which will helps a lot to organize your free time in this trip. After all, I am so glad I am doing study abroad in Europe.   

No comments:

Post a Comment