Sunday, April 5, 2015

4. Language Issues

I was worried about language before I came to Czech Republic. Now, I am been Czech one mouth already. I am going well, I had good time here, just some times had still have Language Issues, but it all turns well eventually.
Dobre rano. Jak se mate? (Good Morning. How are you?) In my Czech Language class, I learned some basic words and dialogues. However, it is not enough if you want to leave without any problem.
I had a ice-cream the other day.Probably, the chocolate crispy is to hard, my tooth brace was broken after I ate the ice-cream.I have no ideal where should I go. Luckily, Dr. Larson and Dr. Petra helped me set up an appointment with dental clinic. I used Google Map to locate the dental clinic before I left. However, it still took me almost 2hrs to find it. After I got off the trim, I followed map. It shows I am here, but everything is written in Czech. I cannot read any of it.I started walk around until I saw the green cross.I opened the door, there was nobody in the first floor.I was keep going until I saw a women at the end of the hall. I tried to ask her where is the Dental Clinic, but she have no ideal what I am talking about,I just showed to her my brace, she started to say something, but I don't understand. The only thing I know I am in the wrong place, because she said, ne,ne,ne...I can feel she tried really hard to tell me where it at, but I am sorry, I don't understand.
I kept walk around.I just can't find it, until a guy took me to a building where has the tooth picture on it. I was wait there almost 40 mins. Then, one of the dentist who can speck English. She told me I am in the wrong place, they don't have tool to do anything about the brace, and showed me where I should go. I was so surprised people here may can speck Latin, German, but not English.
Later on, I went to a restaurant in the square. I was surprised they don't have picture and English translation on the menu. I am not picky about food.So, I was excited when I older food.
After all, I think communication is very important and essential not only in our daily life, but also for business. Languages just a tool for people to communicate with each other.Under the trends of world integration, people will all speck one main language eventually.

How to get to dental clinic: Take tram #2 or#7 from Neredin to Palackeho stop. After get off the tram, cross the road to the other side of the walk street.You will see a small square. Keep go right about 50m. You will see an old building in your lift.That is the Dental clinic. Literally, it will only take 20 mins to get there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment