Monday, April 6, 2015

2. Academic Life

Before I came to Czech. I've read some about the book<The trail> written by Franz Kafka.The book talk about the main character K was arrested by no reason.The first time he went to court, and give a speech. However, people seems like don't really understand what does he talk about. Somehow, he was killed at the end. At first, I cannot get it. I have no ideal what is he trying to say in the book. Later on, during my lecturer classes, I learned some history about Czech and Germany.I assume K is represent Kafka himself. Kafka was born on the inequality social. People think German is more noble than the Jewish people. People are even judged by what kind of language they use. Most people can speck at least two different languages, because when they go to different stores, they will speck different languages. Kafka was born in a Jewish family. Luckily, Kafka's family is the kind of 'noble' Jewish family. Kafka can use fluent German and gets good quality education, but he still think he is Jew, he has no choice to choose his family.However, most Jewish people consider doesn't belong to Jew. Maybe ,this is why, at the begging of the <The Trail>, K was arrested by no reason.         We also learned about the Economic about Europe.The European Union was established on 1993.Free trade and foreign direct investments influence the European economic growth until 2008 then global financial crisis. The inflection also happened in Czech. Like, the beer. Nowadays, the European's economic is crap, especially, Greece.
Czech language class. Jak se mate? Dobre~~~ Vjde~~~ Spatne~~~
In Czech, when people ask how are you, they are not just say I am good.. They will tell you they exactly feeling.Like, I am good, so so, sad...
Czech also have informal and formal two different way for the expression. For example, Ahoj and dobrý den.. Odkud jsi. And odkud jste.. Čau and na shledáno ......  
It sounds so funny when I speck Czech. The pronunciation sounds weird for me.    
I really enjoined classes, hope I can learn more about Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment